Kurdistan Bloggers Union Kurdish Tea? - Kurdistan Bloggers Union

« Home | An alternative opinion? » | New Badge » | New Project from Delal » | Problems with Kurdish democracy: Unrest in Duhok » | Delal has been very active recently..She has been ... » | Someone explain this to me.... » | Wait! 3 more new blogs found » | New Blog Found » | New Site? » | Introducing a Kurdish Blogger Heroine » 

Saturday, December 17, 2005 

Kurdish Tea?

I find something new everyday. Today I found a recipe for Kurdish Tea. I have never had tea like this when I lived in Northern Kurdistan, does anyone know what region it is from?

CHAI KURDI (KURDISH TEA)

Amount/Measure
1 tb India tea leaves
1 Cinnamon stick, 4"
2 c -water, boiling
Sugar cubes

The Kurds like this sweet, aromatic tea. The cubes of sugar are dissolved in the mouth as the tea is drunk,the sweeter the better.

Put the tea and cinnamon in a tea pot and pour in the boiling water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes. Serve hot with sugar cubes. Serves 4.

From: "Sephardic Cooking" by Copeland Mark -- 600 Recipes Created in Exotic Sephardic Kitchens from Morocco to India -- Copyright 1992 Published by Donald I. Fine,Inc., New York, N.Y.

Check with someone from the Hekarî-Urmiye region about cinnamon tea. It might be a Rojhilatî thing.

In the South, cardamom tea seems to be popular and the best public place to enjoy it, in my opinion, is the Avesta Hotel in Hewlêr. It was perfect. I have not encountered cinnamon tea in the South, which does not mean it isn't there, just that I was not served it.

This is the great blog!
Fitted Kitchens

it was very tasty tea, i try to make it, thanks for the tips.

regards
Kitchen Fitters London

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger