Kurdistan Bloggers Union The power of revenge - Kurdistan Bloggers Union

« Home | "I prefer to play with the invisible" » | Where have the good bloggers gone? » | General Gayhart : Washington Post Lied About Kurds » | Yet another cowardly attack in Hawler » | Iranian Kurds send signal to Americans » | Worlds Medias Against Kurds » | Electoral evening » | president or peshmarga? » | Liberation of hostages in "Iraq" » | Shocking news for Kurdistan : » 

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 

The power of revenge

I am sure that there are a few of you who have seen this news item today (for the sake of simplicity I am just going to paste the article here and comment afterward):

Young Kurd takes revenge after 19 years
28/06/2005 DozaMe.org
KURDISTAN, June 27 (DozaMe.org) - A young Kurd named Ferdin Xelili killed the infamous Iranian army commander Malik Abdul Elizade and wounded his son in the city of Urmiye in eastern Kurdistan on June 17.

Malik Abdul Elizade was serving as an intelligence commander for Pasdaran in 1986 in the city of Urmiye. During his service in Urmiye, Elizade was directly responsible for torturing and killing hundreds of Kurds; among them nine villagers in the village of Lorbalaco 5 kilometers west of Urmiye.

Among these nine villagers were Ferdin Xelili’s father Sidiq Xelili and his uncle Salih Xelili. Ferdin Xelili was only one year old when his father and uncle were killed in 1986.

19 years later, Ferdin Xelili took revenge by killing Elizade.

(Source: Rojhilat.org)


Wow, when you really think about the story the consequences of his actions are deep. Please by no means believe that I am advocating violence, I am a pacifist at heart and strongly believe that violence is never the answer...however the impact of revenge upon this boy, that he grew up his whole life hating someone so much that he wanted that person dead and acted upon it. While his hatred is justified, is his violence justified as well? I put this as a question to the group (please comment): Is violence justified in seeking revenge?

I want to put words to how this story makes me feel, but I am afraid that I am unable to do so...maybe I will be lucky and a flash of inspiration will hit...but until that moment, my heart will be filled with sadness for this young boy consumed by hate and know after he has resolved his hate, having to deal with the aftermath.


Powered by Blogger