Kurdistan Bloggers Union Oh, come on, pleease! - Kurdistan Bloggers Union

« Home | For feet's sake jail the monkey » | One of a total of God Knows Howmany! » | Good news » | DEHAP banned the oldest Kurdish publishing house i... » | Turks are our MAIN enemey! » | Just what we need.. more 3rd world products » | Dan Brown rant » | A terrorist is dead Part II » | I had a dream... » | It took time, but at least they achieved it ! » 

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 

Oh, come on, pleease!

Normally I am a very optomistic person, sickeningly so, but every once in a while I come across an article that just makes me want to slam my head into a wall..like this one...
As World Human Rights Day approaches, Reporters Without Borders calls on President Bashar al-Assad to respect press freedom
Yes, I know that in the past I have always been an outspoken advocate of freedom of the press, speech, etc (it is all of those silly American ideals I have) but honestly, can we really expect the Syrian government to care? How many NGO's have called upon this country and that to change their ways, with little success for the most part? How important is public awareness over various issues, when those that are directly affected remain the silent majority.
There is your morning tidbit, take it for what you will.


Powered by Blogger